Cold Process Soap: Beginner's Class
Time & Location
About the Event
This is an introductory workshop to cold process soap making. Since there is lye involved, which is caustic, please refrain from drinking and soaping simultaneously. We will let you know when it is safe to enjoy any beverages or snacks throughout the workshop.
Ticket price includes safety gear, oils, lye, tools and supplies needed to learn the process. You will be able to go home with 1 pound of your very own batch of soap that you can use in 4-6 weeks. (That damn cure time)
You have an option of using essential oils, fragrance, and choosing an unscented batch.
If you choose an unscented batch, you may bring your favorite fragrance or essential oil to add. Be sure that it is a fragrance or essential oil that can work in soap making and not watered down with carrier oils, or made just for diffusers.
We will go over:
- Safety Tips & Equipment
- CP Soap Making
- Calculating Recipes
- Cure time and cutting
- Packaging requirements
Ingredients (Please check for allergies): Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Olive Oil (Pomace), Sweet Almond Oil, Lye, Distilled Water
- This may get messy - aprons/smocks available for use during workshop
- Bring your own snacks, desserts & drinks - coffee and tea available for purchase
- We are located inside the Nutley Professional Building on the 2nd floor. Follow your GPS - we're really in there!
- Parking is available on a first come first serve basis behind the building, on Franklin Avenue, and also on neighboring streets (Stager, Woodland, and Race all have free parking options!)
- CP Soap Ticket (Unscented)$45$450$0
- CP Soap Ticket (Fragrance)$50$500$0
- CP Soap Ticket (Essential Oil)$55$550$0