Design Your Own Videogame Workshop (3 Sessions)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sign up for our first ever video game design class!
Age Range: 4th, 5th, 6th grades
Cost: $60 for 3 sessions
Dates: Thursday January 9, Thursday January 16, Thursday January 23.
Taught by local expert, Chris Masullo.
Students will learn to design the below 3 games:
1) Evil Clutches (similar to classic game Space Invaders)
Help Mother Dragon rescue her baby from the evil clutches of the Demon Boss and his twisted henchmen. Use your fireball blast to bust the baby out of prison. Design additional, more challenging levels.
2) Super Rainbow Reef (similar to classic game Breakout)
Use ping-pong action to fight your way out of the underwater blockade and bring peace back to the coral reef. Be careful! The enemy sea creatures can hide behind objects. The game gets more difficult as you break more blocks.
3) Wingman Sam (similar to classic game 1941)
Engage a squadron of WWII enemy fighters over the ocean with the help of your wingman. Each wave of planes gets increasingly more difficult. Use your weapons to take out the enemy fighters but watch your damage levels. If either you or your partner take too much, the mission is lost!
Students will gain experience with:
Sprites Objects Animation Boss and henchmen spawning Hit points Create title screen Bouncing and colliding objects Sound effects Gravity Lives Variables and properties Motion Enemies and weapons Damage Final boss 2-player cooperative action
- Must sign up in advance. No refunds for missed classes.
- We are located inside the Nutley Professional Building on the 2nd floor. Follow your GPS - we're really in there!
- Parking is available on a first come first serve basis behind the building, on Franklin Avenue, and also on neighboring streets (Stager, Woodland, and Race all have free parking options!)
- Design Your Own Videogame$60$600$0